Varsity baseball starts off strong

The Lewiston High School varsity baseball team started the season March 13 and has a team record of 5-2 as of press time.
 The season started with the Bengals playing Moscow High School at Church Field in Lewiston March 13. The Bengals won the season opener with a score of 9-2.
  Coach Golden Steele has high hopes for the season.
“Our league is going to be very tough but I think we will be in the mix to compete and hopefully make state,” he said.
  Thursday, March 16 the boys played a doubleheader against Walla Walla High School at Walla Walla. Lewiston won the first game with a score of 8-2, but unfortunately lost the second game with a score of 9-7.  
  March 24 and 25, Lewiston, Rocky Mountain, Mountain View and Clarkston teams all met at Church Field for the North/South 5A Classics. On March 24 Lewiston played Clarkston High School twice and won the first game with a score of 2-1 and lost the second game with a score of 6-3. Mar. 25. The Bengals played Rocky Mountain and won with a score of 10-0. The second game the Bengals played Mountain View and won with a score of 2-1.
 This is Alex Light’s last season playing baseball as he will attend The University of Idaho for college football in the fall.
“It’s sad this being my last season, but I’m also excited because of what we can accomplish this year,” said Light.
     Senior Jackson Fuller plans to attend college at LCSC to continue his baseball career. “I expect that we are going to have a pretty good season, hopefully by the end of it we will get to go to state and win a title,” Fuller said.
  The Bengals were scheduled to play Moscow High School March 28 at Moscow Junior High, but the score was unavailable at press time.