BPA member Dougherty heads to Florida for nationals

The+BPA+team+competed+for+the+last+time+as+a+whole+in+the+2016-2017+season+in+Boise+March+9-11.+Photo+courtesy+of+Jennifer+Stubbers.+

The BPA team competed for the last time as a whole in the 2016-2017 season in Boise March 9-11. Photo courtesy of Jennifer Stubbers.

The LHS Business Professionals of America club attended state competition in Boise March 9-11.
This year 16 students from LHS attended the competition, but Maghan Dougherty, senior, will be the only student continuing on to the national competition in Florida, May 10-14.
“My project is digital publishing, I made four different things [including] an invitation to the national conference,” Dougherty said. “I think what really helped me stand out was the tropical colors I used, a color scheme that no one else would think of.”
While staying in Boise, the BPA club enjoyed spending time at the aquarium and zoo, as well as exploring the city, members said.
For Abigail Tackitt, senior, the best part of the trip was “Learning to better myself through presenting and workshops requiring us to work as a team. It made BPA an amazing experience.”
With this year’s BPA events coming to a close, the members and adviser, Jennifer Stubbers, are encouraging more students to join in for next year
“BPA gives students an opportunity to compete in business and technology events and to be judged by community business professionals,” said Stubbers
BPA is also a way to explore career options and become certified in programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office. These certifications give students a competitive edge when it comes to looking for a potential profession, Stubbers said.