Homecoming fun keeps spirits high

Students show school pride. Photo by Josie Hafer.

LHS Homecoming kicked off with fun-filled events for the beginning of September.

The varsity Bengal football team lost 21-28 in a rough couple of hours playing against Shadle Park High School. 
  School coming to an end did not stop festivities. From 4 to 6 p.m., on Bengal Field, many school clubs set up booths for community visitors. In a new community event, the Homecoming celebration included live music performances, food and drinks, and performances by Lewiston’s Dantz Dynamix. 

Following tradition, Leadership and ASB students organize spirit days, hallway decorations and Bengal Olympics each fall. 
 This year’s spirit days consisted of Decade Day, Country vs. Country Club Day, ¨-er¨ Day, and finally, Purple and Gold Day. The hallway decoration themes were Area 51 for the seniors, Christmas for the juniors, and Back to the Future for the sophomores. After careful consideration of each hallway, a set of judges came to the conclusion that Area 51 was the best theme and seniors won.

At 12:40 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, all LHS students lined up in front of the main building. The cheerleaders took the lead as the student body walked to Bengal Field. Following the cheerleaders came the school marching band, the homecoming float, and then the student body. On arrival, students then separated into sophomore, junior, and senior classes on the bleachers. 

Bengal Olympics began with ASB president, Harrison Smith, leading multiple events challenging members of each grade and teachers against each other. These events included an obstacle course, the Effie burger challenge, karaoke, jousting, and even arm wrestling. After plenty of wins and losses for each grade, the final points came to 480 to the seniors, juniors in a close second with 400, and sophomores with a final total of 265.5.

Many students attended the Homecoming dance Saturday, Sept. 7 at the Moose Lodge in Clarkston.