Administrators give words of wisdom

In their first Purr interview of the school year, administrators Kevin Driskill, Chad Arlint and Corey Williams highlighted the school’s future, senior projects and advice for sophomores.
Administrators reported that the school district has committed for freshmen to move to the high school sometime in the future. The school board hired an architect, Amber Van Ocker, but is now deciding on whether to “renovate or build a new school and researching expenses,” Driskill stated.
When asked about the senior project, Arlint’s advice was to start early.
“Take advantage of the practice day — you get feedback,” he added.
Driskill recommended that seniors use the school’s websites, lists of project dates and teachers’ help as resources.
“The earlier, the better off,” Driskill said.
Williams encourages the sophomores to get involved.
“I believe there is a place for everyone,” Driskill added. He also mentioned that students here have more freedom than at most students’ previous schools.
Principal Driskill stated that he doesn’t expect any major changes for school activities.
“We’re mostly sticking with what we did last year,” Arlint added.
“It’s your guys’ school. We like to let the students take it on,” said Driskill, with Arlint adding that they keep a balance with associated student body (ASB) and the administrative leadership.
“It’s always fun around here!” Driskill said.
“LHS is a great place to go! We’ve got great [students],” Driskill said. “There are lots of opportunities and a wider range, and more open classes of choice with the block schedule.”