1. Among Us. A game that takes place in a space-themed setting where players each take on one of two roles, a Crewmate or an Impostor. Where players must complete tasks without being killed by the imposter.
2. Martinelli’s apple juice. Apple juice served in a plastic apple-shaped bottle, which mimics the crisp sound of biting into an apple.
3. Air Force 1s. A 2020 shoe trend, worn by most teenage girls.
4. Tik Tok. A video-sharing social networking service where people post videos of themselves dancing, doing comedy, etc. Charli D’ Amelio, a 16-year-old, started her career on the app by dancing to “Lottery (Renegade).” In the past year, she has reached over 100 million followers.
5. Mullets. Short in the front, long in the back, this 1970s look made its way back into fashion during 2020.
6. Money Pieces. A hairstyle commonly associated with the term “E-girl” where color is applied to the two front pieces or underneath part of the hair.
7. Tiger King. A Netflix series featuring Joseph Maldonado-Passage, otherwise known as “Joe Exotic,” following his adventures as an animal enthusiast.
8. Chunky shoes. Shoes that are
comfy and distinct from the rest. Often not worn for style, but to increase height.
9. Whipped coffee. A viral recipe combining instant coffee, sugar and water to form a whipped texture to place on top of a beverage.