Lumley adds to LHS staff and mathmatics program

Tara+Lumley+

Tara Lumley

Tara Lumley joined the staff at Lewiston High School at the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, teaching Algebra I. Among several other teachers, Lumley transferred here from what is now Jenifer Middle School in Lewiston.
Lumley aspired to be a teacher at a young age, as early as the second grade.
“I was super talkative when I was little, so my teachers would allow me to help other students when I finished my work, as long as I would help not tell,” she said. “Students that have had me have heard those words come out of my mouth now that I am a teacher too.”
She attended Lewis-Clark State College, majoring in education, and this is where her professors inspired her love for math.
After graduating from LCSC in 2015, Lumley received a job at Jenifer.
“My main goals are to make students feel valued and to help students understand math at a deep level,” she said.
Teaching at LHS has been very different for Lumley. Despite this, she said she enjoys being employed here, and she feels ecstatic about the overpowering welcome and support she has received from the LHS staff. She is most thankful for the ability to work with students of multiple grade levels.
“I love the fact that I can see students that are sophomores, juniors, and seniors in addition to my freshmen students,” she said. “In the past, I only got to see them when they would come back and visit their old stomping grounds.”
Outside of school, Lumley enjoys crafting and time with her family, including her husband, Eric, and their three children, Meigen (18), Easten (14) and Dominic (13), and their three dogs.