Categories:

Gov. Brad Little holds press conference with The Bengal’s Purr

Idaho Governor Brad Little attended a press conference May 2 at LHS in the DeAtley Center. During the conference he talked the most about his LAUNCH grant program for students.
The LAUNCH is a program where high school students are given financial assistance for when they leave high school.
“Higher education has unfortunately got out of reach of too many students,” Gov. Little said. He added that many students are not able to pay or keep up with the things they need to get a higher education. He mentioned that many students have to manage a job to pay for college expenses.
Right now, every Idaho student has up to $4,000 to use for their education for things such as dual credit classes in high school. With LAUNCH there is $8,000 for when they enter college, which gives students a total of $12,000 they will be able to use for their higher education.
This LAUNCH program also helps to develop students’ skills so it will be easier for them when they go into the workforce.
To apply for LAUNCH, students must go to the website Next Steps Idaho and if they scroll down the tab that says, “Apply for Idaho LAUNCH” then log in and achieve their scholarship. Students can also apply for different scholarships using the same program.
Gov. Little also answered The Bengal’s Purr’s questions about current issues. Those topics included bills about libraries and the use of preferred pronouns and names in schools, along with questions about sex education in Idaho and the potential for a TikTok ban.
To see video and read more about Gov. Little’s press conference with The Bengal’s Purr, visit www.bengalspurr.com