Boil Water Alert Order for City of Lewiston water

Water stations at Lewiston High Schools are available for staff and students to have clean drinking water.

The City of Lewiston issued a boil water alert for city water customers Wednesday, January 18. The following areas are affected by the alert:
Downtown Lewiston
– The housing area near North 40 north of Stewart Ave.
– The new LHS Campus
– The Elks
– The Valley Vista Blvd. area west of Bryden Canyon Road
– The area near Mayfair Dr. east of Bryden Canyon Road
These areas have been cross-referenced with maps available to the public on LOID’s website at loid.net/construction/
According to the District, the following schools have been closed for the 18th
– McSorley Elementary
– Webster Elementary
– Whitman Elementary
Developmental preschool has also been canceled.
Also according to the Lewiston School District and Kevin Driskill, Principal of LHS, the following schools are affected by the alert:
– McSorley Elementary
– Webster Elementary
– Whitman Elementary
– Jenifer Middle School
– Normal Hill Campus
– Lewiston High School
The City of Lewiston recommends the following ways to clean your water in the press release:
If the water from your tap is clear, boil it for three minutes to disinfect. This kills disease-causing bacteria and parasites. Instead of boiling, you may add ⅛ teaspoon of household bleach per gallon of water and let it sit for half an hour.
If the water is cloudy, filter it by pouring it through a coffee filter and then boiling it for three minutes. If you cannot boil the water, filter it through a coffee filter and add ¼ teaspoon of household bleach per gallon of water. Let it sit for one hour.
Bottled water is another safe option. Make sure the bottled water has been tightly sealed, and less than six month old bottled water is best.
The city plans to release more information when it becomes available, in the meantime, the public is urged to pay attention to the city’s website and Facebook page.
The Press Release can be found at the City of Lewiston website.