LHS, CHS combine to perform James and the Giant Peach

Photo by Leah Schmidt.

Senior Zach Haas (Ladahlord) tries to convince sophomore Caroline Gibbs (James) to indulge in “wild magic.”

This winter the Lewiston and Clarkston high school drama departments combined for the third time and performed James and the Giant Peach, directed by Larry Goodwin and Melissa Syverson.
  For any who don’t know this classic tale written by Roald Dahl, it is about a boy named James Henry Trotter who must live with his two aunts after his parents are killed. His aunts, Spiker and Sponge, are very cruel and force James to work very hard around the house. Then one day, a giant peach begins to grow in their garden and many adventures follow James and the new friends he meets along the way.
  The production opened Dec. 7 and stars LHS sophomore, Caroline Gibbs, as James. The musical numbers show precise choreography and well-blended vocal harmonies.
  The sets for the musical, although simple, look magical and captivating and create the sense of being right in the aunts’ backyard.
  This musical has it all. It makes audiences laugh, cry and feel all-around joy.  An audience favorite is the song “Plump and Juicy” performed by junior, Josh Campbell-Ball from Clarkston.
  This tale of how humans and insects can come to live in harmony is truly heart-warming. Overall, it earns an 9 out of 10.
  The last chances to see this wonderful production are tonight, Dec. 15, at 7 p.m., and Dec. 16 at both 2 and 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for students and $12 for adults at Clarkston High School.