Baseball hits strong opener

The 2018 varsity Bengal baseball team started at the beginning of March, and by mid season they had an overall season record of 7-3.
The team played Lakeland in a double-header at Church Field in Lewiston, March 10, losing the first game with a score of 11-13. The second game the Bengals won with a score of 12-2.

March 12, the Bengals played Moscow High School at Church Field, and won with a score of 10-0.
“We are doing pretty good,” said Dawson Bonfield, sophomore. “We’ve played some pretty decent teams, but we are getting better as the season goes on.”

The Bengals played Sandpoint High School March 17 at Church Field, and won 6-2.
March 20 the Bengals played Walla Walla High School at Church Field in a double-header. They lost the first game, 2-3, and won the second game, 7-2.

Coach Golden Steele said that his team is “Scrappy. We will put the ball in play and put pressure on teams.”
Over spring break, the Bengals played in a tournament March 23 and 24 at Church Field. March 23 the Bengals played Mountain View High School and lost, 0-4. The Bengals also played Caldwell High School that day and won, 11-1.

The second day of the tournament they played Hillcrest High School and won with a score of 9-4. After winning two games and losing one, the Bengals were determined to end the tournament with a win against their rivals, the Clarkston Bantams. They easily won with a score of 10-1.