Notice to parents from LHS, March 30

Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome back from Spring Break. I hope this email finds you and your family doing well. We are getting ready to take on this remote learning. I wanted you to have some information on how we are going to move forward at LHS.
Teachers have started making phone calls to parents of students in their Access class, this call may come up as a “private” number or a “No Caller ID”, or a school number. They will be asking questions about access to technology and Wi-Fi along with a few other questions. This will help us gain a better understanding as what we can do to move forward.
Teachers have also set up Google Classrooms for each of their classes. Students will need to login to PowerSchool and select the 4th quarter grade area for each class. This will bring up the class and the Google Class Code will be located in the Class Description area (this cannot be viewed if using the app, they have to login to see). Students will use this code to access the class. Focus for this week will be to contact families and getting students up and running with Google Classroom. We will be sticking with the A/B calendar, Monday the 30th is a “B” day and the calendar can be found on the LHS web page https://www.lewistonschools.net/lhs/. Students can expect to see a few assignments showing up, so please make sure to join the Google classes.
If you or your child needs their PowerSchool login they can email their counselors or Mr. Arlint [email protected] (please make sure to give the student’s first and last name). This information will also be on Quarter 3 report cards that will be mailed out this week.
If your child needs their Student Google username and/or password, they will need to email the LHS librarian, Mrs. Mary Ann Funk at [email protected]. She will need the following information:
* Student’s full name, the year they will graduate, and a phone number where Mrs. Funk can text or call (if necessary).
* Usernames and passwords will be reset between 8:00am and 10:00am, Monday-Friday.
Other Information:
* The Senior Project graduation requirement has been waived.
* All ISAT testing has been cancelled.
* SAT testing has been cancelled.
* At this point, there has not been a decision made on extending the school year.
* There will be limited personnel in the building each day between the hours of 8am-2pm.
* Free meals are provided at Jenifer JH, Sacajawea JH, and McGhee Elementary from 11am-1pm, Monday-Friday, for children ages 1-18 years of age.
* If you have questions, please contact your child’s counselor, or LHS Administration