Donaldson reports daily district Covid cases

These numbers break down district-wide COVID cases by school and staff, showing the new, active, returned, and total cases. Source: Lewiston School District

On Nov. 2, masks were mandated in Lewiston schools in order to continue to provide face-to-face education during the Covid 19 pandemic.

This mandate has required all staff and students to wear appropriate face coverings inside all locations in district facilities. Face masks are not required while actively eating or if a student has a confirmed medical excuse.

Superintendent Dr. Robert Donaldson made the decision in response to the rising number of cases within the Lewiston School District. The school board allows the superintendent to “rapidly exercise judgment and discretion to implement requirements and protocols based on current trends of the virus within the District,” according to an email from Donaldson.

According to Donaldson, there have been reported 151 COVID cases among the district’s students and staff, 27 of those being active. At LHS, 47 student COVID cases have been reported, and 43 of those students have returned to school. The table beside breaks down district COVID cases since the beginning of the school year.

As of Nov. 19 the number of active cases had gone down, with a total of only 14 active cases for all of the schools.