Varnardo takes over mid-year as tech teacher

Terri Varnado, originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, has been teaching for almost three decades and has recently joined the staff of LHS at the beginning of second semester, replacing Dr. Will Jones, who retired in June 2015.
Currently she is teaching Manufacturing, Technological Design and Advanced Design Applications.
She has taught in schools from Colorado to Virginia, including Virginia Tech and North Carolina State University.
“Terri [Varnardo] has a wealth of experience. She has taught at the college level, most recently at North Carolina State University. She has also taught at the high school level in Louisiana and Post Falls,” said Kevin Driskill, LHS principal
When asked what excites her most about her new position at LHS, Varnardo replied, “Purple and gold Bengals!” excites Varnardo most about her new position at LHS, she said. “[It] reminds me of [the] LSU Tigers.”
In addition to school spirit, she said, “Really, I’m excited about teaching robotics. That’s what I love to do and it’s going to be fun getting that program up and running,” she told The Bengal’s Purr in an email.
Varnardo’s favorite part about teaching here so far has been the sense of support and excitement running through LHS’ halls.
“Everyone has been so supportive. I feel like I’ve been here a long time. I love the enthusiasm LHS students show. It’s been a perfect fit for me,” said Varnardo. “Thank you to everyone for welcoming me into the Lewiston family. I look forward to meeting all the teachers and staff and especially working with the student body.”