Get to know LHS Associated Student Body officers

From assemblies to Golden Throne, the leaders of LHS Associated Student Body provide a crucial pillar in holding up the school.
To introduce the current officers, ASB president, senior Will Wilson, is assisted by vice president Grant Mullikin, secretary Josie Clark, and treasurer Ben Trigsted.
But along with the ASB officers, many other people contribute to the upkeep of school affairs. Senior class president Ty Austin, junior class president Mason Bartholomei, and sophomore class president Emma Virgil are joined by their own teams to provide specific help with their class events, as well as school-wide events.
Even as ASB president, Wilson sees himself as just a student who does his work. But he works as hard as he can with everything he does., he said. As president, his job is to run assemblies, read the bulletin every morning, lead the leadership class and work as the head community member of LHS.
“I may be in the front, but I’m definitely not the only one who does work,” Wilson said. “There are a lot of people behind the scenes who don’t always get the credit that they should.”
Mullikin ran for his position as ASB vice president because he didn’t want to be just another student in the crowd.
Mullikin’s duties include preparing the Homecoming float, taking of the duties of the ASB president when he is away and coordinating the annual teacher appreciation gift.
Secretary Clark said she feels she has always been a natural leader. Running for ASB seemed right for her because she had served as a student officer in years past. Her duties include recording minutes at student council meetings, writing down important discussion points.
For Clark, having the opportunity to serve in ASB means that she can represent the school and give students a voice for their ideas, suggestions and concerns. She encouraged students to bring issues or ideas members of leadership, adding that those leaders try their best to make requested changes.
Treasurer Trigsted is in charge of all school activity funds. Orders for dance preparation and Golden Throne set up go through him.
Senior class president Ty Austin said he wants to make high school as memorable and fun as he can for his classmates. His duties include running the winter ball and organizing the Spring senior luncheon.
“We are really involved in everything. There are so many people who represent LHS,” Austin said.
Junior class president Mason Bartholomei helps run assemblies, organizes prom and prepares to campaign for his for senior year. As an officer, it is important to him to help out and also to entertain his classmates.
“I like not always having to do the same thing,” he said.
Without ASB leaders, LHS might not run as smoothly as it does. This year’s behind-the-scenes participants include: Jacey Bacon and Kami Sledge (public relations), Rylie Pecoff and Lane Scott (technical engineers), Mattie Hagestad (event recorder), Mike Le and Jessie Hastings (slideshow/video historians), Sydnee Soderberg and Brooke Chase (promotional/marketing), Natalie Wilson (cheerleader representative), Saraya Flaig (web page/ social media) and Ben Uptmor (utility).