Hobson new to LHS administration

Jolyn+Hobson+

Jolyn Hobson

Jolyn Hobson, the Assistant principal, has been added to the Lewiston High School staff at the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.

Immediately following her graduation from Lewiston High School in 2007, she attended the University of Idaho. After attending the UI, Hobson returned to her hometown and received her teaching degree from the local Lewis-Clark State College.

Along with her constant involvement in education, she is well engaged in a life outside of school. She is married to her high school sweetheart, who graduated from LHS in 2008. They have two children. She likes to spend her time outdoors, as well as hunting and enjoying CrossFit when time allows.

Hobson is working this year as a assitant principal along side Vice-Principle Chad Arlint as the LHS academic coordinator. She said that she is having fun here at the High School as if she were back in the old days as an LHS student, while also assisting in these new days in her new role.

She said that being a Bengal once again is “Very exciting — it’s like a blast from the past.”

Hobson said her goals this year are to visit all classrooms every day and get to know all of the students’ names. Those are arguably the most important things to do as a principal, she said. She added that she wants all students to feel welcome and known as individuals.

Hobson joined the Lewiston High School administration at the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.