Camenzind adjusts to Lewiston living, LHS

Marcela Camenzind, a new LHS exchange student from Switzerland, has had quite the transition her first weeks in the United States.
  Carmenzind is enrolled as a sophomore, and enjoys participating in track and field. Her first language is German, and back home she lives with her parents and her younger brother. One of Carmenzind’s main motives in becoming an exchange student was to learn English fluently, which she has already been very successful in doing.
  Carmenzind explained that American schools are very different than the schools in Switzerland. One main difference is that in Switzerland the
teachers move from class to class, while students stay in one classroom with the same
classmates. One similarity Camenzind has found is the size of school, as LHS is about the same size as her school back in Switzerland.
  When it comes to what she misses about her hometown,
Carmenzind said, “Mostly my family and friends, and the chocolate.”
  Prior to this exchange,
Carmenzind travelled elsewhere in her lifetime. She explained that Ecuador is the coolest place she’s traveled to.
  Carmenzind  will spend the rest of the semester in Lewiston, and will travel to Seattle with her host family over spring break. She plans to head home to Switzerland in June.
   Along with Carmenzind, Mizuki Kadoyanagi of Japan, Patrick Pei-Chu of Taiwan, Jeongwon Park, Henrik Vaivo of Finland, and Catherine I-Ting Wen of Taiwan will spend the rest of the semester at LHS.
  Two of this year’s  exchange students at LHS, Ville Oskar Narhi and Berangere Hella, arrived in the fall and left at semester. Narhi went back home to Finland, and Hella is now on exchange in Spain.