Bengals sneak away to state, seniors say sayonara

volleyball-senior-nightSept. 22, the varsity volleyball team played against the Clarkston Bantams in Clarkston.
The Bengals won all three games, with the first game score of  25-21, second game 25-6 and third game 25-17.
However, Sept. 27, against Lake City at Lake City High School in Coeur d’Alene, the Bengals lost three games and won one, resulting in an overall loss for the Bengals.
The Moscow High School Bears took a loss against the Bengals on Sept. 29. The varsity Bengal team won all three games. For Oct. 1, senior night against Moscow at Booth Hall, the Bengals again won all three games.
This year will be the last season as a Bengal for these senior players: Jordan Dickeson, Emily Hunter, Amber Johnson, Hannah Lien, Abbey Roy and Meg Woods.  
“The recognition to the seniors and all the work we have put into it,” was Johnson’s favorite part of senior night Oct. 1, she said.
“There‘s only six of us. We‘ve been playing together for so many years and we’re the only ones left,” Johnson said.
The following week, Oct. 8, the Bengals played against Gonzaga Prep High School.  Playing only one game, the Bengals won with a final match score of 25-20.
The Bengals took on Post Falls at Booth Hall Oct. 11, playing and winning all three games.
   The lady Bengals wrapped up the season Oct. 13 with their last regular season game, according to Coach Kelly Harwick.
“Since [Oct. 13] is our last regular season match and district starts Saturday [Oct. 15], we are hoping to end on a winning note,” Harwick said. “We are playing for a tie for second in league and an opportunity to host some district matches. I believe that we have a team that can compete with any team in the state.“
Oct. 13, the Bengals played against Coeur d’Alene. They lost three games and won two, resulting in a loss of the match for the Bengals.
Regional play started Oct. 15, the Bengals played against Coeur d’Alene again and won three games and lost two, resulting in the first game won for the 2016 regional tournament.
Oct. 18, Lewiston played against the Timberwolves at Lake City High School for the second match in regionals. Lewiston lost the match.
  The Bengals played against Post Falls on Oct. 20 at Booth Hall, winning the third match in regionals.  
  The last match for the regional tournament was Oct. 22 against Centennial High School at Grangeville High School. Lewiston won all three games, sending the Bengals to the state tournament Oct 28.