Students band together

So far, 2023 has been a busy year for LHS band kids, with a total of six festivals on their schedule.
The LHS Wind Ensemble and String Orchestra performed Feb. 25 at the ISUB and the Administration Auditorium at the University of Idaho for the Band and String Festival.
At the District II Solo and Ensemble on March 8, several LHS students performed solos. This competition was in the Bruce Pittman Center at the U of I.
On March 22, the Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band I, Orchestra, Gold Voices, Grace Notes and Concert Choir left for California for the World Strides Music Festival. Students will return home March 27.
The World Strides Disneyland Performing Arts Festival March 24 will include the LHS mixed choir, Grace Notes, Gold Voices, String Orchestra, Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band. They will compete in Anaheim against various other schools.
The LHS Concert Choir, Jazz Choir, Grace Notes, Gold Voices, String Orchestra, Concert Band and Wind Ensemble will perform April 19 at the P1FCU Performing Arts Center at LHS for the District Band/String and Choir Festival.
On April 21-22, the LHS Jazz Band I, Jazz Band II and Jazz Combo will compete against other high schools at the U of I for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival.
Finally, May 6 is the State Solo and Ensemble competition. Students who qualify through districts will compete in Meridian, Idaho, against other qualifying students from around the state.