Boys baseball blows away expectations

The varsity baseball team had an outstanding season, which helped them go to state.
The varsity baseball players finished their regular season with a state worthy record of 10-4 as of May 2, the last regularly scheduled game.
Early in the season senior Cooper Lund said he felt good about the team’s progress.
“I feel like we are doing very well. We could be doing better, but we are progressing,” Lund said. “The weather hasn’t really helped out alot with us being out on the field. I feel like we are getting better as the weather does.”
On March 28, the last game before spring break, the varsity baseball players played Moscow High School at Church field and won with a score of 6-2.
On April 12, the first game following spring break, they played a doubleheader against Lakeland High School at Church Field. The Bengals won the first game with a score of 15-5. For the second game the Bengals won again with a score of 9-7.
The varsity Bengals played a doubleheader against Lake City High School April 15 at Church Field and won the first game with a score of 9-1, but lost the second game with a score of 4-3.
Wednesday, April 19, the Bengals played a doubleheader against Coeur d’Alene High School at Church Field. The Bengals won the first game with a score of 10-3. The Bengals then lost the second game with a score of 2-3.
The Bengals played a doubleheader against Lake City High School at Lake City High School Saturday, April 22. The Bengals won the first game 13-2, and also won the second game with a score of 13-3.
Tuesday, April 25, the Bengals played a doubleheader against Post Falls High School at Church Field. The Bengals unfortunately lost the first game with a score of 2-1. The second game the Bengals won with a score of 4-0.
At that point in the season, senior, Jaden Phillips said he felt confident.
“I expect for remaining games that we will pull together and do well,” Phillips said. “We have a few league games coming up and I think we are going to do good.”
The team proved Phillips right April 28. The varsity baseball team traveled to Coeur d’Alene HIgh School to play the Timberwolves and won with a score of 6-4.
Tuesday, May 2, was the last regularly scheduled game before the Bengals went to regionals. They played a doubleheader against Post Falls High School at Post Falls High School. They lost the first game with a score of 5-3, and then won the second game with a score of 5-0.
May 8, the varsity baseball team played their first regional game at Church Field. They played Coeur d’Alene High School and won with a score of 3-2.
The Bengals played Lake City on May 9, they won with a score of 14-4. This was their second regionals game, played at Church Field.