Top ten Purr Stories of 2017

The year 2017 was an exciting one for the Lewiston Bengals. Below is a list, in chronological order, of the important news covered by the Bengal’s Purr over this past year.

1. From January 27, 2017, by Katie Swift: New high school campaign kicks off with voting just around the corner. — “More than 350 supporters of the Yes for Lewiston’s Future campaign rallied in the Salsberg Room at Towne Square in Lewiston Jan. 12.
2. From January 27, 2017 by Amanda Egland: LeBron James gives shoes, support to Clarkston boys basketball team. –“Cleveland Cavalier’s star Lebron James sent the Clarkston High School boys’ basketball team gifts in December to congratulate them on their two previous state titles.
3. From January 27, 2017, by Jacey Bacon: Donald Trump inaugurated, local 4-H kids join in. — “The Jan. 20 inauguration of the 45th president of the United States, Donald J. Trump, drew in crowds from all over the country, including a small crowd of spectators from a local 4-H group.”
4. From March 30, 2017 by Jonika Ringling: Lewiston residents vote to build new school.
— “On March 14 Lewiston School District residents approved a $59.8 million bond for the construction of a new high school.”
5. From March 30, 2017 by Trevan Pixley: Bengals place at state for the first time since 2008 season. — “The Bengal’s earned the #1 seed for the 2017 state tournament in Nampa, on March 2-3 finishing in 3rd place.”
6. From March 30, 2017 by Jonika Ringling: Cheer jumps into state, then on to nationals. — “The Bengals made LHS history as the first team to travel to the National competition, competing in the advance super varsity-level division.”
7.From May 26, 2017 by Braeden Keane: LHS Junior Ozeran victorious at 2018 DYW Competition. –“Alex Ozeran turned out victorious at the 2018 Distinguished Young Women Event at Lewiston High School April 29.”
8. From June 3, 2017 by Katie Swift: LHS says goodbye to the legendary Mrs. J– “This year Johnson is retiring (or “graduating” as she like to call it) alongside the class of 2017 after many years of influencing countless lives of her students.”
9. From September 22, 2017 by Parker Phelps: Titan of the school triumphs teacher of the year award. –“After 31 years teaching social studies at LHS, Scott Funk, received the Lewiston School District’s 2017-2018 Secondary Teacher of the Year award Monday, Aug. 21.”
10. From October 26, 2017 by Amanda Egland: Donaldson selected as Superintendent of the Year 2018– “The Idaho School Superintendents Association Board named Lewiston Superintendent, Dr. Robert Donaldson, Idaho’s superintendent of the year 2018.”