Bantam boys basketball season breakdown

With their season starting Dec. 1, by mid-January the varsity Bantams had an overall record of 5-8 going into Golden Throne.
   “I think the beauty of the Golden Throne is that it helps us to prepare for the big games that are ahead of us in our league,” said coach, Justin Jones. “Being able to manage the anticipation, the environment and the highs and lows of this game really helps both teams as we both move forward in our postseason pushes.”
  Dec. 1, the Bantams played Shadle Park in Spokane, Washington. They lost with a score of 40-72.
  The Bantams stayed home, to play Moscow High School, Dec. 7, and won with a score of 55-40.
  Dec. 8, the CHS Bantams traveled to East Valley High School, in Spokane. They won with a score of 52-40.
  “The season is going good, and we are coming together as a team,” said Alex Italia, sophomore guard.
  Tuesday, Dec. 12. the boys played Pullman High School, at CHS.The Bantams lost with a score of 41-43.
  Dec. 21, the Bantams played Shadle Park at CHS. They lost with a score of 41-44.
  The annual Avista Basketball Tournament at Lewis-Clark State College, took place Dec. 28, 29 and 30 in Lewiston. The Bantams, played with eight other high schools including; Lapwai High School, Lewiston High School, Moscow High School, Wenatchee High School, Timberline High School, Walla Walla High School, Ferris High School and North Central High School.
  Dec. 28 the Bantams played North Central, and lost with a score of 47-48. Dec. 29 the Bantams played Moscow High School and won with a score of 42-49. Dec. 30, the Bantams played the Bengals and lost with a score of 45-29.
  In the first game of the New Year, Jan. 3, CHS played West Valley High School at WVHS in Spokane. They lost with a score of 47-59.
  “I expect a bunch of good times with the team,” said Nate Savolainen, senior, about the end of the season.
  Jan. 5, the bantams played Cheney High School, at CHS. The Bantams lost with a score of 49-57.
  Tuesday, Jan. 9, the Bantams played East Valley, at the CHS Coop. They won with a score of 53-44.
  Jan. 12, CHS played Pullman High School, at PHS. They lost with a score of 51-59.
  Friday, Jan. 19, the Bantams played West Valley, at CHS. They won with a score of 55-52.
The stats for the Jan. 20 game (Cheney), Jan. 23 (East Valley), and Jan. 24 (Pullman) were not available at press time.