Boys basketball ends

The boys Bengal varsity basketball team ended its season with an overall record of 7-15 as of Feb. 27.

The Bengal boys traveled to the Bear Den to play Moscow High School Jan. 20, and lost with a score of 45-60.

“Start hitting more shots, and without juniors this year, we have been playing together for a while,” said Connor Spencer, junior. “We have a strong chemistry. I think we will be all right [next season].”

For the annual Golden Throne rivalry game Jan. 26, the boys played the Clarkston Bantams, at the Lewis-Clark State College Activity Center. The Bengals fell short to the Bantams with a score of 45-51.

Feb. 1, the Bengals played Lake City High School, at Booth Hall. They lost with a score of 38-94.

The Bengals played Post Falls High School, Feb. 6, at PFHS, and lost with a score of 37-75.

Feb. 9, the Bengals played Coeur d’Alene High School at Booth Hall, and they won with a score of 54-53.

The Bengals traveled to play Coeur d’Alene High School, Feb. 16, and lost 37-55.

In preparation for regionals, Jayson Ulrich, head coach, felt hopeful.

“I expect our guys to play hard and contend for a regional title,” Ulrich said. However, the Bengals lost their chance to make it to regionals and a place at a state title.

But Feb. 20, the Bengals played Lake City High School and lost with a score of 70-37. This game was the last of the season, ending the team’s hopes for a state title.

Even still, Treyton Foresman, senior, said he enjoyed the game and “being with all my friends on the court for the last time in high school,” he said.

Junior, Connor Spencer, works to get the ball at the Golden Throne game, Jan 26 in Lewiston. Photo by Grace Eller.