Lewiston library offers new opportunities for teens

A+permanent+art+exhibit+stands+in+front+of+the+main+doors+of+the+Lewiston+City+Library.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A permanent art exhibit stands in front of the main doors of the Lewiston City Library.

Courtesy of the Lewiston City Library

Courtesy of the Lewiston City Library

Courtesy of the Lewiston City Library

Jacob Hale, Reporter

The Lewiston City Library has recently reintroduced its Teen Advisory Group (TAG), and is looking for interested teens to join.

The TAG helps with teen library programming and services, giving a voice to teens in the Lewiston community, according to Debra Allen, program coordinator. They work with the library on book suggestions, connecting resources for teen learning and organizing parties, events and projects.

“Students can shape the future by becoming involved in teen programming,” Allen said.

Members of the TAG can expect to participate in regular meetings at the library where they help plan activities. Allen recommends it for its opportunities for real-world experience and volunteer hours to add to scholarships and applications.

Interested students can find TAG applications at the LHS library or at the city library, 411 D St.