XC Bengals pull ahead in impressive season

Byrer-Potter-Montana
Lewiston High School boys cross country team continues to impress, not just as a team, but also individually with great individual performances by junior Austin Byrer, and sophomores Joey Perez and Sakti Woodbury.

The team took first place in the Pasco Bulldogs Invitational, second in the Post Falls River Run and third in the Inland Empire League Meet.

As far as individual performances, Austin Byrer, who seems to be the biggest part of this team, PR’d (personal record) at the Mountain West Classic with a time of 15:49.

Joey Perez, an impressive sophomore, has also stepped up for the team. He PR’d at the Inland Empire League Cross Country meet with a time of 16:34.

Sakti Woodbury, another key component to this year’s boy’s cross country team, PR’d at the Pasco Bulldogs Invite with a time of 17:09.

The girl’s cross country team has been equally impressive, with a notable performance at the Post Falls River Run, placing fourth

The individuals who stepped up for the team include sophomore Kaitlyn Blume who PR’d with a time of 19:45 at the Inland Empire Cross Country meet.

Another sophomore, Miriam Ames, has proved to be a key factor for the girls team. Ames PR’d at the Pasco Bulldogs Invitational with a time of 20:22.

Miranda Cranston, senior, who also adds experience to this young team, PR’d at the Inland Empire League Cross Country meet with a time of 21:42.

The next and final event is going to be the 5A State Cross Country Meet at Farragut State Park, in Scott Field, Idaho