LHS swim team starting season

Grace Qualman, a senior and captain of the LHS swim team, flies through the water during a meet last season.

Lewiston High School’s swim team has an exciting season planned for this year. The first official meet of the season is scheduled for Saturday, September 10 at 12:10 PM in Moscow at the University of Idaho Swim Center. Spectators will be charged $6 per adult and $5 per student 18 years old and under. There are six total meets for the year, with state championships being the first weekend of November. The only home game for this season is on October 22 and starts at 5 p.m., which will be held at the Asotin County Family Aquatic Center.
The swim team is coached by Derek Ax, who has experience with swim lessons and coaching spanning over 12 years. He is also a History and English teacher at Tammany High School.
Team captions this year include Grace Qualman and Luke Mastroberardino, who are both seniors and have been swimming all four years of high school as well as the Neptunes, a local swim team that is a part of Inland Empire Swimming, a larger committee that holds competitions throughout the Pacific Northwest.