Beidler’s smile still shines through the halls of LHS

By Sandra Kinney
Co-Editor in Chief

On Jan. 15, 2018, Lewiston High School senior Megan Beidler died due to complications from infection and surgery.
  Beidler was well-known by the staff and students of LHS for her bright personality and willingness to offer kind words to all those around her. Beidler attended LHS with her sister and fellow senior Kierra Beidler.
  Staff members were quick to respond with caring words about Beidler.
  “She always had something nice to say about someone,” said Jamie Bakker, who often chatted with Beidler in the halls.
  In the Sept. 23, 2016, edition of The Bengal’s Purr, Beidler wrote a letter to the editor advocating for universal wheelchair access throughout Lewiston.  
  “Megan was very kind-hearted and full of personality,” said Alex Rhea, who worked with Beidler in Transitions. “She enjoyed helping others and putting them first.  She would easily drop anything to put another person’s needs before her own.”
  “Social butterfly” is a term used often to describe Beidler.  
  “Megan was one [of], if not the most social, students that I have ever had the opportunity to teach,” Rhea said.
  “She was the most loyal of friends, and a fun student to work with,” added Jennifer Spears, who worked with Beidler in Transitions. “She put a smile on my face every time I saw her.  She will be greatly missed.”
  Beidler’s Celebration of Life will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 27, at Crosspoint Church in Lewiston.