Donaldson receives Presidential Medallion from LCSC

On May 11, 2018, Lewiston Superintendent Dr. Robert Donaldson received the Presidential Medallion at the Lewis-Clark State College graduation ceremony.

Donaldson received the award on behalf of his contributions to the community. Donaldson spoke about the important relationship between the Lewiston School District and LCSC  in the process of creating a new Professional Technical department at the new high school.

“Dr. Fernandez and I have really complimented each other throughout this process. We have a really enjoyable relationship. It is an honor to receive this award,” said Donaldson.

As far as Lewiston High School graduation goes, Donaldson is looking forward to the occasion.

“Graduation was always one of my favorite times when I was the principal at LHS. It was always fun for me,” said Donaldson.

For the class of 2018 Donaldson shared, “Do something you›re passionate about. Ultimately your job should be meaningful to you, and make a difference. If you feel like your making a difference and you’re passionate about it, that makes all the difference.”

Donaldson has fond memories of the class of 2018, as he associates them with the passing of the bond in 2017.

“Everyone talks about the first set of students who will attend the new high school, but I will also remember the students who were in high school when the bond passed. The classes of 2017 and 2018 were an influential part of [the] Yes for LHS [bond campaign],” said Donaldson.

Looking forward, Donaldson is excited for the changes coming to the Lewiston School District in the 2019 school year. According to Donaldson, this coming year should mean a lot of progress for the new high school building. The school board will begin reviewing plans for the organization of the inside of the building. The 2019 school year will also mark the beginning for full-day kindergarten.